|Release||September 19th, 2013|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 16|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 18|
Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls (モンスター娘のいる日常, Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou) Chapter 17 is the seventeenth chapter of the Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls manga series.
Written and drawn by mangaka Okayado (Inui Takemaru), this chapter was released in Japan on September 19th, 2013, by the Japanese publishing company Tokuma Shoten within the seinen manga and anime magazine, Monthly Comic Ryū.
The chapter was later gathered as part of the series' tankōbon volume Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Volume 4.
After a health checkup reveals that Centorea, Meroune and Miia have gained weight during their homestay, Smith directs the group to trial a newly established, "liminal friendly" gymnasium called Sports Club Kobold run by the eternally enthusiastic Kobold, Polt.
Upon their arrival, Polt has the girls try out various exercise equipment only to discover that none are appropriate due to their differing body shapes. Directed to the pool, Miia and Meroune engage each other in a race with the prize being that they are allowed to do anything they want to Kimihito.
While the girls use their attributes to the fullest in an attempt to win, the state of the pool water (cold and chlorinated) starts causing them pain but they still persist in the race. After Kimihito admonishes the girls for putting themselves through pain when they were supposed to be improving their health, it is revealed that Centorea had actually won the race and she spends the rest of the day holding hands with Kimihito.
- Polt the Kobold is introduced.
- Mermaids get severely ill when breathing chlorinated water.
- Even heated water can cool down a Lamia.
- Centaurs are able to swim (by treading water).
- It is revealed that despite accepting Extra-Species, many places are still ill-equipped with dealing with the less human variants.
- Lamia are revealed to be able to swim backwards.
- It is revealed that Lamias are able to swim backwards and use their tail as a spring.
- When the two abilities are combined, it allows them to reach their top swim speed of 50km/hr.