|Release||October 19th, 2012|
|Previous Chapter||Chapter 7|
|Next Chapter||Chapter 9|
Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls (モンスター娘のいる日常, Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou) Chapter 8 is the eighth chapter of the Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls manga series.
Written and drawn by mangaka Okayado (Inui Takemaru), this chapter was released in Japan on October 19th, 2012, by the Japanese publishing company Tokuma Shoten within the seinen manga and anime magazine, Monthly Comic Ryū.
The chapter was later gathered as part of the series' tankōbon volume Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Volume 2.
Kimihito tastes tests Miia's cooking and advises her to do the same while she is cooking. When Miia lifts the lid of her stew she is attacked by a Slime. Kimihito and Centorea try to catch the Slime but it gets away. As Miia recovers from the attack, Centorea explains to Kimihito that Miia was attacked by a Slime and the reason why he had never heard of a Slime is because it is one of the liminal species that humans do not know about. Kimihito encounters the Slime but Cerea defends him by swinging her sword at it. The attack does not harm the Slime and covers her sword in slime. The Slime attacks both of them and disappears again, leaving them both drenched in slime. Kimihito notices the slime has soaked through Cerea's blouse, making it see-through, so he excuses himself to shower off the slime.
Kimihito is in the shower monologuing about the absurdity of meeting a slime. Cerea calls out to Kimihito from the door and asks if she may enter the shower with him there. Kimihito misinterprets this as her asking if he is alright, so he answers that he is alright. Cerea enters, startling Kimihito, she explains that she wanted to enter to protect him from the Slime in case it attacked again. Kimihito asks why she is naked if that is all she wanted, she explains that she needs help scrubbing off the slime. Kimihito helps her, but the two panic when he scrubs a sensitive area near her butt.
While calming down in the bathtub, the pair discuss what may have caused the Slime to attack them and discover that the Slime had followed them into the bath in pursuit of water. The Slime knocks out Cerea and holds down Kimihito. He witnesses the Slime transform into a humanoid girl and she starts attempting to communicate with him by mimicking what he, Cerea, and Papi were doing earlier that day. However, Kimihito is forced to throw her into the bathtub when she accidentally envelopes him inside her body.
- Suu is introduced, though she is not yet given a name.
- Slimes are revealed to exist, though Humans were not aware of it, only other Extraspecies.
- Papi (and later Suu) are playing what appears to be a Nintendo Wii.
- The character in the game look like a hermit crab, this is a reference to Okayado's icon character the "hermit crab".
- Kimihito breaks the fourth wall when he sees Cerea's sword: commenting "I haven't seen this in a while. Since chapter 4, I think?". However, in the english translation, Kimihito instead comments on how she hasn't been this "ranty" since chapter 4.
- When Centorea identifies Suu as a Slime, Kimihito asks if it is like the Dragon Quest mascot.
- Centorea notes that slimes are usually the weakest enemies in RPGs, so she is at least familiar with this trope in classic JRPGs.