|Gallery | Quotes | Relationship|
Okayado (Alias Takemaru Inui, 乾 武丸 (Inui Takemaru)) is a manga artist and creator of Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls.
Originally spending his time creating monster girl artwork, the popularity of Living with Monster Girl lead to him trying his hand at creating Monster Girl Report before attempting to start the long-term manga series Monster Musume: Living with Monster Girl.
On May 19th, 2016, BookWalker Global announced that Okayado will be their special industry guest at Anime Expo 2016 held at the Los Angeles Convention Center on July 1-4. It will be his first appearance ever at a North American convention. According to BookWalker Global's website, he will be having a live drawing & QA panel along with several autograph sessions.
History[edit | edit source]
While working as an assistant artist for Naoki Serizawa (drawing Resident Evil: The Marhawa Desire), Okayado posted his own single panel comics on 2chan; posting entire comic strips on his Pixiv account when he had enough comic panels created.
While he was reportedly happy working as an assistant, another of Serizawa's assistants had become abusive towards the other assistants and so Okayado opted to leave and work as an independent mangaka for Kodansha where he published his first independent work MaMaMa: Mahou Iinchou Mako-chan Mahou Shidou which was published in Magazine Special.
When MaMaMa was about to end, Mikio Ikai (an editor at Comic Ryu magazine) was directed by some mangaka to look at Okayado's work on Pixiv.
Not knowing that Okayado was already a professional mangaka, after viewing Okayado's work on Pixiv, Ikai loved how the girls' breasts were drawn and he convinced his chief editor (who was concerned that readers would not find monstergirls appealing) that with how well the breasts were drawn it didn't matter if they were monster girls. Thusly Ikai got permission to email Okayado with an offer to create a monster girl manga series for Comic Ryu.
Works[edit | edit source]
- Full Metal Burst (one-shot, 2009)
- MaMaMa: Magical Director Mako-chan’s Magical Guidance (2010-2011)
- Monster Girl Report (2011-2012)
- Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls (one-shot, 2011, collected in volume 9)
- Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls (2012-)
- Deadline Summonnr (one-shot, 2012)
- 12 Beast (2013-2020)
- Interspecies Reviewers Comic Anthology: Darkness (one-chapter, 2020)
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Okayado represents himself with "Okayadokari" (オカヤドカリ), a simple hermit crab with a torticone shell. Unlike normal hermit crabs Okayado's claws are fountain pen tips. This allows him to draw.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Okayado outright states in the manga volume of MaMaMa: Magical Director Mako-chan’s Magical Guidance that he loves large breasts.
- Two of the mangaka that recommended Okayado's Pixiv work were Ike (creator of Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki) and Kei Murayama (creator of A Centaur's Life). Both of whom were already published mangaka for Comic Ryu.
- His birthday is the 15th of December.
- Okayado has stated that Emeth and Kalolo are his favourite girls in Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Online.
Links[edit | edit source]