Orcs are a race of brutish, aggressive and generally lustful pseudohumans. Possessing prominent fangs and a snout, their features tend to be "pig-like" in appearance. Taller and thicker than a human by half, they would have about the strength of a bear, and have noses capable of accurate olfactory sense to up to a kilometer out.
Considered to be aggressive scavengers and opportunistic carnivores, they possess human-level intelligence and an even higher level of cunning. Violent by nature, they will fight ferociously if compelled but tend towards more chaotic/destructive behavior such as pillaging, rape and/or cowardice.
General Information[edit | edit source]
Orcs are an aggressive Liminal species about which there are many prejudices, both among Humans and other liminals and as such they are hated and feared by many. To some extent, these prejudices are very justified, because although there are good Orcs, like Ruka, some of them are serious criminals like the Pioneer Orc Renaissance Kinsmen, who have committed numerous crimes such as murder, terrorism and rapes. In the end, however, these crimes only resulted in their own deportation from Japan.
Despite their bad reputation, Orcs are generally not forbidden to participate in the Cultural Exchange Between Species Bill and some like Ruka also have friendly relationships with Humans. Basically it can be said that it is wrong to regard Orcs as completely evil, but unfortunately the actions of the P.O.R.K show that especially with the Orcs who are evil, these negative character traits take on particularly drastic proportions.
Physiological Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Height: Male orcs stand approximately 5'11" to 6'2", weighing from 180 to 280 lbs. Females average about 6 inches shorter than males. Females also appear more human than their male counterparts. Female orcs are also usually plump in general though others, such as Ruka, can become slimmer.
- Diet: Orcs are usually carnivorous and are often said to be cannibalistic. Other sources state them to be extreme Omnivores and will eat just about anything out of hunger or curiosity, so long as it looks like food.
- Sense of Smell: Orcs possess an extraordinary keen sense of smell. The leader of the P.O.R.K. boasted that an Orc can detect the scent of a gun or woman within one kilometer.
- Skin: Like humans, Orc skin pigmentations vary depending on environmental factors. Noted pigmentations include green, brown and pink.
- Superhuman Strength: Orcs are about as physically strong as bears, which makes it easy for them to break a human´s spine. However, they are weaker than many larger Liminal Species such as Ogres.
Members[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 11th Nov 2015, Okayado was inspired by the short comic The Good Orc's Day (いいオークの日 iio-kunohi) (by pixiv artist "Jin") to draw a female orc on his twitter. Unfortunately he was too late to submit the artwork and posted it on his Twitter account instead. 
- Orcs are depicted as pig-men in Eastern culture due to the Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition book depicting the orc as having a fundamentally "piggish snout" for a face and showed an image of a monster with a boar's head on a hunch-shouldered, green-skinned chimpanzee body.
- The Orc girl Ruka has hooves instead of feet, but the male Orcs of the Pioneer Orc Renaissance Kinsmen wear shoes. That would have to mean that male Orcs have human-like feet, since they can´t wear shoes with hooves.
- Although the leader of the P.O.R.K claims that an Orc could smell any woman within a radius of one kilometre, it can be assumed that this is only a perverse claim, because even wearing armor was enough that the Orcs were not able to recognize that Tio is a woman.