|Gallery | Quotes | Relationship|
|Voiced by||Arisa Morishima|
|Eye||Red/Yellow with Black Sclera|
|Game||Monster Musume Online (21/12/2015)|
Ran (ラン) is a Jack-O-Lantern that appears in Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Online.
She joins the liminal exchange program to become one of many potential homestay boarders for the player to host.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
As a spirit, Ran's entire body is translucent. She has purple skin, long purple hair, elfin ears and her eyes glow with the fire of her amber-lit lantern.
With her lantern's preferred shape seeming to be the form of a magical scepter, Ran's primary outfit is a dark Magical Girl outfit that exposes her bust and lower stomach.
Her other (Innocent) attire is another Magical Girl outfit but of a more wholesome, "Irish", design. Although her breasts and stomach are still pronounced.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Referring to herself as an individual heroine who was rejected by both heaven and hell (which alludes to the Irish myth of the Jack O Lantern), Ran enjoys mischief and wants to cause mischief wherever she goes.
Whether intentional or not, she has a tendency to state lines from various television shows as part of her dialogue.
Ran refers to herself as "Ran-tan" and the homestay host as "Sae-chan".
Skills and Traits[edit | edit source]
- Jack-O-Lantern Physiology:
- Electromagnetic Interference - All ghosts disrupt nearby electronics with their presence.
- Thermokinesis - Nearly all ghosts can lower or drop the surrounding temperature with their presence.
- Invisibility - Ghosts can remain invisible to the living, but they may appear as a blur or faint light. However, when they want, they can appear as they were in life though it takes a while to gain that level of strength. They appear in wispy, distorted, flickering forms.
- Telekinesis - They are able to move virtually anything with their minds if they have enough concentration on the objects. With practice, they can become stronger telekinetics, able to manipulate many simple objects at once. Very powerful ghosts are highly capable telekinetics, able to throw people like demons can.
- Intangibility - Without a body, these spirits are able to move without hindrance even if objects are in their way, as they can phase through them with ease. They are naturally intangible, as such they can phase through solid matter unfazed.
- Environment Manipulation - Most ghosts have shown to have the ability to manipulate the elements like wind, fire, electricity, water, and dropping temperature. Affinity to fire or water is usually because of the manner of a person's death and the ghost's origin. Manipulating electricity and dropping temperature are the two common signs that indicate a ghost's presence.
- Possession - A ghost can enter and take possession of the bodies of living beings.
- Mental Influence - Angry, vengeful ghosts or spirits can sometimes manipulate peoples minds and drive them crazy and can then manipulate the people they drove crazy to do their will.
- EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) - A ghost ability, where they can communicate through electronic devices, cassette records, cell phones etc.
- Shapeshifting - Some ghosts have displayed the ability to alter their form, shifting between what they looked like when they were alive, and a more disturbing and decayed version of themselves.
- Flight - Ghosts are able to hover above the ground.
- Spiritual Ward Vulnerability - Ghosts are reportedly vulnerable to spirit wards, magical spells, incantations, pure minerals such as iron and salt, and certain items/weapons that are built specifically to interact with spirits (such as Lala's scythe).
- Energy Absorption - As they can not derive energy from nutrient intact, ghosts gain energy from absorbing the thermonuclear or electrical energies around them (due to this, they disrupt nearby electronics with their presence). This often results in "Cold Spots" forming as the ghost absorbs the heat in the area for energy. In addition to thermonuclear and electrical energies, ghosts can also absorb "life energy" or "vitality" from living beings to sustain themselves. Depending on how much energy the ghost absorbs the process can often leave the living being tired and physically weakened.
- Lantern - Jack O Lanterns carry a pumpkin lantern (although sometimes it may be a turnip) that is said to be lit by an ember from hell to light their way in the mortal world. Jack O Lanterns seem to be able to alter the appearance of their lanterns at will.
Result of the prank
|Reduce the damage received from an attack by 25%|
Zoological Classification[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Ghost
Jack-O-Lanterns are said to be mischievous spirits or otherwise supernatural beings who travel the realm of twilight between the living and dead.
Stemming from Irish folklore, they are known for having carved out vegetable lanterns (like turnips or pumpkins) in their possession, which they use to light their way through the twilight. They also use these lanterns in attempts to lead travelers astray. But they are commonly seen as carved pumpkins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Jack-O-Lantern" is pronounced in Japanese as "Jakku-O-Rantan" which is where Ran's name comes from.
- Ran (Innocent) was first introduced to the game alongside Jerez and Cholan on October 7th, 2016.
- Although she doesn't need sleep, Ran gets bored during daylight hours and so usually sleeps from 1pm to 6pm to pass the time.
- Ran was ranked high in the "1st Monmusume Online Popularity Vote" and as a result a small change will occur if the player equips her with the fashionable glasses accessary. This does not affect Ran (Innocent).