|This article is a stub. You can help Daily Monster Girls Wiki by expanding it.|
|Gallery | Quotes | Relationship|
|Voiced by||Yuu Asakawa|
Rei is a Ghost that appears in Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Online.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
She wears only an old damaged pair of jeans. The rest of her body is naked. She has pale skin, long white hair, and blue eyes.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Skills and Traits[edit | edit source]
- Ghost Physiology:
- Ghost Powers: Typical abilities of ghosts include floating/flying, intangibility, invisibility, possession of other people, levitation of objects, and other skills commonly associated with poltergeists.
- Spiritual Ward Vulnerability: Ghosts are reportedly vulnerable to spirit wards, magical spells, incantations, pure minerals such as iron and salt, and certain items/weapons that are built specifically to interact with spirits (such as Lala's scythe).
- Energy Absorption: As they can not derive energy from nutrient intact, ghosts gain energy from absorbing the thermonuclear or electrical energies around them (due to this, they disrupt nearby electronics with their presence). This often results in "Cold Spots" forming as the ghost absorbings the heat in the area for energy. In addition to thermonuclear and electrical energies, ghosts can also absorb "life energy" from living beings to sustain themselves. Depending on how much energy the ghost absorbs the process can often leave the living being tired and physically weakened.
- As the biological body increases its heat and energy output during arousal and sexual intercourse, some ghosts purposely entice the genitalia of biological beings into becoming aroused to absorb the heat they emit and/or tempt the being into engaging in sexual intercourse with themselves or another biological being so that they may absorb the heat and energy the being's body produces while fornicating. Often times, ghosts and spirits are amongst the beings blamed for reasons behind "morning wood" and "wet dreams", with claims that a ghost/spirit must have aroused their genitalia during the night to feed on their heat/energy.
- Restricted Location: It is thought that ghosts are often bound to a sentimental object or a place, normally the building they died/lived in or the area where they died, as such their movements are restricted, but this isn't universal, and some very powerful ghosts can move over larger distances.
- Electromagnetic Interference: All ghosts disrupt nearby electronics with their presence.
- Thermokinesis: Nearly all ghosts can lower or drop the surrounding temperature with their presence.
- Invisibility: Ghosts can remain invisible to the living, but they may appear as a blur or faint light. However, when they want, they can appear as they were in life though it takes a while to gain that level of strength. They appear in wispy, distorted, flickering forms.
- Telekinesis: They are able to move virtually anything with their minds if they have enough concentration on the objects. With practice, they can become stronger telekinetics, able to manipulate many simple objects at once. Very powerful ghosts are highly capable telekinetics, able to throw people like demons can.
- Teleportation: Ghosts can teleport (be able to move in the blink of an eye to other locations). They often display a flickering appearance when using this ability. They appear in wispy, distorted, flickering forms that allow them to move at great speed, as when they flicker, can end up either inches away each time they flicker or several feet or miles away.
- Intangibility: Without a body, these spirits are able to move without hindrance even if objects are in their way, as they can phase through them with ease. They are naturally intangible, as such they can phase through solid matter unfazed.
- Environment Manipulation: Most ghosts have shown to have the ability to manipulate the elements like wind, fire, electricity, water, and dropping temperature. Affinity to fire or water is usually because of the manner of a person's death and the ghost's origin. Manipulating electricity and dropping temperature are the two common signs that indicate a ghost's presence.
- Material Attachment: Ghosts could latch their essence to objects that have been very close to them in their life. Until these objects are destroyed, the ghost could continue to manifest itself and haunt. Other ghosts could relocate the objects, allowing them to move around and away from their original haunting location.
- Ectoplasm Creation: Very angry ghosts, can create Ectoplasm, but it is generally beyond the anger range of most spirits, even most violent spirits.
- Reality Manipulation: Some powerful ghosts can bend the rules of reality to affect their environment; for example flipping rooms upside down to make people walk on the ceiling instead of the floor, creating never-ending corridors, or shunting people backwards and forwards through time.
- Voice Mimicry: Some powerful ghosts can perfectly imitate others' voices.
- EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon): A ghost ability, where they can communicate through electronic devices, cassette records, cell phones etc.
- Shapeshifting: Some ghosts have displayed the ability to alter their form, shifting between what they looked like when they were alive, and a more disturbing and decayed version of themselves.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Zoological Classification[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Ghost
A Ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased being that no longer has a physical body to "occupy" but is still present in the living world for varying reasons.
Able to alter their visibility and shape depending on how powerful they are, ghosts are reportedly able to display abilities that otherwise negate the laws of time and physics. They are most notably able to, depending on how strong they are, perform varying levels of telekinesis and take possession of other beings.
Reports of ghosts manifesting within human culture is widespread, dating back to pre-literate history. They are believed tend towards occupying particular locations, objects, or people they were associated with in life.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rei (霊?) is the Japanese word for "spirit".
- Rei's attire (blue denim jeans and no shirt) may be an allusion to the 1990 movie Ghost. Within which an iconic scene features the titular ghost character (played by Patrick Swayze) wearing blue denim jeans and no shirt while helping his girlfriend (played by Demi Moore) mold clay pottery in an effort to communicate with her.