|Species 2: Everyday Life with a Harpy and Centaur|
Species 2: Everyday Life with a Harpy and Centaur (第２種 ハーピーとケンタウロスのいる日常, Dai-Ni-shu: Hāpī to Kentaurosu no Iru Nichijō) is the second episode of the Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls anime series.
Publicly released on the 14th July, 2015, the episode was directed by Tatsuya Yoshihara and scripted by Kazuyuki Fudeyasu, with creative input from story creator Okayado. The series was animated and produced by the animation studio Lerche.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Kimihito is kidnapped by Papi, who brings him to a park, where he buys her ice cream. While discussing that she'll get deported if she gets caught for running off again, Papi drops her ice cream and bawls. When Kimihito offers his, she eats it in a position that unintentionally gives the impression that she's giving him a blow job, she then gets covered in ice cream as Kimihito realises and tries to stop it, then tries to lead her elsewhere to clean her up. Papi then takes a bath in a public fountain with everybody watching and drags Kimihito in, where Miia finds them. While the two girls were fighting, they see a girl in a tree, which had earlier took the crowd's attention. Due to her wings being wet, Papi couldn't fly up. Miia tries to save her to impress Kimihito, but emerges out from some leaves and accidentally scares the girl into falling, but Papi catches her and ends up landing on Kimihito. Miia was upset she tried but didn't get acknowledged, so Kimihito comforts her. When a biking policeman arrives, Kimihito reveals Papi saved the girl. He asks where's their host, Miia is clear for having Kimihito, but Papi worries she'll get deported.
Kimihito claims to be Papi's host family to keep her from being deported. The officer then asks for ID, worrying the three, but Smith arrives with Papi's ID just in time, and tells Kimihito back at home that she is Papi's coordinator and had been searching for her, and Papi (much to her delight) is assigned to join Kimihito's household. Kimihito goes to bathe Papi and Miia isn't worried because she believes Papi is a child. Smith then reveals that Papi is Miia's age and that since harpies have light bodies so they can fly, they look younger than they are. Miia storms into the bathroom and argues with Papi, and Kimihito starts to think having two demihumans in the house is more than enough to handle.
While coming home from grocery shopping, Kimihito collides with Centorea. She becomes convinced that Kimihito is her destined master based off what she saw in anime. Encountering a purse-snatcher, the two pursue him. They eventually catch him, despite various embarrassing accidents. When the thief tries to attack Centorea with her dropped sword, Kimihito leaps in front of her and takes the blow, but survives due to the sword being a fake. Later, Smith explains that Kimihito riding Centorea could be viewed as akin to marriage, since only a centaur's chosen master may ride them. As Kimihito tries to apologize, Centorea chooses him as her master, resulting in her joining his household.
After credit Beastiary[edit | edit source]
- Raptor Harpy
- Poultry Harpy
- Land Animal Harpy
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Differences from the Manga[edit | edit source]
- In the manga, Kimihito falls off the branch, while in the anime, Papi slides down with him after discovering the ice cream van. Kimihito asks Papi why she took him to the park in the anime while he was still holding on to the branch, whereas in the manga he only did so after he fell to the ground.
- When the girl falls from the tree in the manga, Miia tries to grab her with her hand, but in the anime she tries to grab her with her tail.
- The hilt of Centorea's sword is of a different design in the manga than in the anime.
- In the manga, the thief finds a collection of 1000 yen notes ($10) in the purse he stole, while in the anime he finds a collection of 10,000 yen notes ($100) within the purse.
- In the anime the truck on which Centorea landed after her jump explodes, but in the manga this doesn't happen. This would not even be possible in real life, as a truck cannot simply be destroyed by an impact from this height. It would also be a violation of the Cultural Exchange Between Species Bill, as the driver of the truck would have been seriously injured or even killed by the explosion.
- Although the thief is shown being restrained by two men in both versions after striking Kimihito, the Bicycle Police Officer is not shown arresting him in the manga version.