A Womb Tattoo, or Inmon 淫紋 (lit "lewd crest" or "sexual demon tattoo"), is a tattooed crest or magical rune located on a character's crotch or lower stomach that, as a trope, indicates sexual power emanating from or being forced upon the character.
As a trope, the presence of an inmon on a character's body signifies that the character is incredibly lewd and erotic, sexually powerful, or has a curse or magical power influencing them into being lewder than normal (with the inmon acting as a magical rune that symbolizes that curse).
An inmon is referred to as a "womb tattoo" not only because of its location being just above the womb, but because its design is reminiscent of and intended to evoke the shape of a womb. Designs can range from simple hearts or circular silhouettes that are stylized to represent the shape of a womb, to intricate patterns that not only represent the image of a womb but may also include the vaginal canal, Fallopian tubes and ovaries.
- An inmon isn't necessarily a tattoo, it could be a mark branded, or burned, onto the character's body or just written magically, or simply painted on. As is the case with "magical tattoos" an inmon may also glow with magic or electricity.
- While typically located on the crotch or lower stomach, the inmon doesn't really need to the be on the crotch. It could be on the breasts, or on the lower back (a tramp stamp). Typically anywhere that is associated with sex or sexuality.
- Since an inmon is considered "lewd," and is considered sexually suggestive or related to sex, the typical inmon design is normally pink or red, and normally in the shape of a heart.
- Some designs incorporate bat wings to reference sexual demons such as Succubi. While others may use the "lily" flower, which in Japanese is yuri 百合, which is also a genre of lesbian fiction.
- Male characters can also get womb tattoos despite not possessing wombs. The same traits apply to male characters with inmon tattoos as female characters with inmon tattoos.